Beast River Fitness – WOD
Pull-up bias (No Measure)
EMOM x 8min
Odd: 5 Small/Tight Kip Swings
Even: 3 Strict pull-ups (use band assist) @ very easy effort
Pull-up Skill Test (Options) (AMRAP – Reps)
– Max hang from pull-up bar
– 5 rep max strict pull-ups (weighted)
– Max unbroken kipping pull ups (chin over)
– Max unbroken kipping chest-to-bar
Athletes should pick one test and put an emphasis on what they would like to re-test. – Strict pulling strength they should do the 5RM Pull up
– If they would like to emphasize kipping capacity they can do the kipping pull up or chest to bar test
– Beginner athletes should begin with a bar hang OR pick a band/setup to complete full range of motion chin over bar pull-ups.
Pull-up 5 RM (Weight)
If doing 5 rep max on pull-ups.
RUN TO JUMP (AMRAP – Reps)
Every 5 min by 4 RNDs
400m Run, then
Max Box Jump Overs in the remainder of the 3min.
2 min rest mandatory
*Score is total box jump overs, must step down
● Athletes that take longer than 2:30 on the run should scale the run.
● Athletes can substitute Box step overs for the jump overs to keep moving.
● Prioritize stepping over the box rather than lowing the box height today