WOD – Mon, Jul 31
CrossFit East River – WOD
Cluster (EMOM x 10min
Mins 1-5: 2 Squat Cleans
Mins 6-10: 2 Clusters)
Squat clean + Thruster
– Range 65-75% of Thruster max
– Athletes can build heavier if moving the barbell well.
– Our movements build upon each other switching half way in the EMOM. Athletes should use the first 5 mins to practice catching the bar for the thruster.
“From the Top” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
3 Rounds of:
2 minute ascending ladder (2:1)
Burpee over bar
–rest 1:00 between sets–
*restart each round with the set of 2’s
– Athletes should go as far as they can in the ladder each round, resetting back at 2 at the start.
– Score the round completed + reps. Ie 6+4. if completed round of 6.
Feel – Short and fast moving with a quick reset.
Target – We want to push the pace early since each interval starts with such small sets. The burpees will cause some upper body fatigue and HR that will affect the thrusters.